Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ash Wednesday

"Remember man, that thou art dust and unto dust shalt thou return"

March 9, 2011.
Thus begins Ash Wednesday, and the season of Lent. A gray day, with some heavy rain, heavy to the point that I thought the back yard was going to fill up(TBTG it didn't). I try to remember that God allows us the gray days for a reason, namely that our grass will begin to green up(as it is already doing here), and I am trying to compare this to the "grey days" in my life, and how God has sustained me through them, and taught me much about patience, humility(I would hope, lol), among other things. I am not saying that I am perfect in these virtues, indeed, I have far to go, BUT the fact that I realize this is *something* indeed. Progress, not perfection is definitely something I am trying to practice.

 Spring itself speaks of me to Our Lord's Resurrection. I have noticed lately, with the advent of springlike weather, that my world is filled with such incredible beauty, buds bursting, the air fragranced with the irresistible smell of moist pavement, daffodils, the irrepressible greening of grass, brilliantly jewel-like camellias blooming here in the South.

No comments:

Post a Comment